Beef sambousas or samosas! are the best appetizer in RAMADAN with a bowl of soup. Delicious. it’s always on the table. Also, you can make the same recipe for Chicken or cheese I will be sharing the recipe soon.
In This recipe, I’m going to use 2 different dough, the homemade dough, and the store dough. You can use egg roll dough for the recipe too.
Can I freeze the sambousas?
YES! You can make ahead of your Samosas by freezing them on a parchment-lined baking sheet after folding. Transfer to a ziplock bag once frozen and keep in the freezer until ready to fry. Just add another minute or two when frying from frozen.
Servings For : 6-8 People Prep Time: 1 Hour
Beef Samosas FILLING:-
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ground beef 1 lb
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- jalapeño 1, minced
- salt 1 tablespoons
- black pepper 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon all spices
- ground coriander 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup water, plus 2 tablespoons more
- 1 tablespoon flour, mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 3 cups canola or corn oil for frying
For the cheese filling:-
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoons dry mint
Beef Samosas DIRECTIONS:-
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add the ground beef. Use a spatula to break apart the meat and cook for 3 minutes. Add onion and cook until beef is brown and onion is translucent for about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, jalapeño, salt, pepper, coriander, all spices to the meat. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the peas and parsley, then cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the meat filling from the heat and let cool.
Let’s make the dough:-
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt, olive oil, and water. Use your hand to mix together. Once the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for 4 minutes or until the dough is smooth and soft.
- Shape dough into a ball and brush with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and kitchen towel. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove kitchen towel and plastic wrap and roll the dough out into a 10-inch long log. Cut into 10 even sections. Take one section and roll it into a ball. Place the ball on a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it out into a thin circle about 10 inches, Repeat with the remaining dough. Stack the dough circles as you roll them out, sprinkling a bit of flour between each one and keeping them covered with plastic wrap so they don’t dry out.
- After your done rolling the dough to a small circle, add 1-2 tablespoons of the stuffing mixture, then close the circle to half circle then press the edgy with a fork, that’s help the samosa from not opening when you fry it.
- In a large deep pan Add your oil the oil should be enough to cover the samosas.
- heat the canola oil to 350°F (180°C). Once the oil is at the correct temperature, carefully place 4-6 Samosas in the pan. Fry for about 5 minutes, flipping once, until light, golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. enjoy.
How to shape the samosa with store dough:-
Place the 2 sheets on a flat surface add the 1 tablespoons of filling to the front of the sheet then take the right side to the left and then the left side to the right. Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoons water to make the mixture to close the dough with. Repeat until you have a triangle shape, add some of the cornstarch mixtures to close it ( you can see the back of the package for more details)