Food is an important part of your life because this is what gives you the energy to do simple tasks. Without food, you would feel lethargic and have a cranky mood all day. Consequently, these factors will affect your life as well as your relationships with people. That is why you should eat at least thrice a day to keep your mind and emotions stable.
If you have a busy schedule every weekday, Food Recipes are here to share with you the easiest dishes you can do at home!
You can never go wrong with the classic pesto pasta that originated in Italy. This is a plant-based recipe where its sauce is made up of ground basil mixed with olive oil and cheese. If you want to learn how to make your pesto pasta, here is how:
- Pasta of your choice (can be linguine, angel hair or penne pasta)
- Pre-made pesto sauce
- Tuna flakes
- Olive oil
Once you have all of the ingredients, you are ready to follow this recipe. Continue to read below and see the step-by-step instructions:
- In a deep cooking pot, fill it with water then let it boil. Add salt, pepper and a little bit of olive oil so that it would add flavour to your pasta.
- Afterwards, open a pack of uncooked pasta then place them inside the pot. When the bottom ends of the pasta start to soften, push the top ends to have them cooked.
- Keep stirring the pasta inside the boiling water for 10 minutes to make sure they will not stick with one another.
- After 10 minutes, drain the pasta and make sure to leave some pasta water behind.
- Chop and dice the garlic and onion.
- On a clean pan, add some olive oil then saute the garlic. When the colour of the garlic starts to change, add the onions.
- When the colour of the onion turns clear, that should be the time for you to add the tuna flakes.
- Once everything is cooked, open your chosen pre-made pesto sauce and add it to the pan.
- Afterwards, add the pasta into the pan, and then start mixing them all. Make sure that sauce is evenly distributed among the pasta. If needed, add more pasta water to make it easier for you to mix.
- Once done, add salt and pepper to taste then serve.
You can cook this in a large batch in case you want it to last for a few days. Additionally, if you have the time, try to make your pesto sauce so that you have control over how you want your pasta to taste.
Carbonara (no-sauce) recipe
Are you starting to think that pasta is the easiest recipe to make? If so, you are completely correct! For this recipe, you will make the classic carbonara pasta without using the pre-packed sauce you see in the market. To learn more about it, you should continue to read the section below, and you are free to add the ingredients for more servings.
- Parmesan cheese
- Linguine pasta
- Bacon strips
As you can see, you will only need a few ingredients to make this dish! Additionally, this will not cost you a lot of money to spend on them. Once you have everything ready, here is a step-by-step guide for you to follow.
- For this recipe, you need to make the sauce first. To do that, you need to separate the egg white from the yolk.
- Once you have successfully separated them from one another, place the yolk into a mixing bowl.
- Then, add the parmesan cheese. Mix them until they are well combined.
- On a cooking pot, boil some water to have it ready to cook your pasta. Add some olive oil, salt and pepper to make your pasta more flavourful.
- Afterwards, add your pasta into the boiling water to have them cooked. Keep an eye on your pasta so that both ends are evenly cooked.
- Stir the pasta for about 10 minutes until al dente. To check if your pasta is cooked, you can get one strand and see if its texture is soft. When it is, that is a sign that your pasta is done.
- Drain the pasta water and leave some for you to use later.
- On a frying pan, cook the bacon strips until they are toasted. If you want a faster method, you can cut them into smaller pieces so that they will cook quicker.
- While the bacon fat is still on the pan, add the pasta and carbonara sauce. Stir them all together until the sauce is evenly distributed. Make sure that the flame is at low to not overcook the sauce and pasta.
- If needed, you should add the pasta water into the pan to help distribute the sauce.
- Once done, serve the pasta in a bowl and top it off with pepper powder.
Are you looking for a quick bite during breakfast? Well, look no further because this Nutella oatmeal recipe will get you through until lunchtime. You do not need a lot of ingredients because this is a simple recipe.
- Instant cook oatmeal
- Hot water
- Milk of your choice
- Banana (optional).
Once you have everything ready, you can now proceed with the instructions.
- Pour your instant cook oatmeal into your favourite bowl.
- Next, pour a little bit of hot water to soften the oatmeal. Make sure to not add too much, so you can get the right consistency. In case you added too much water, you can carefully drain the excess into the sink.
- Afterwards, add milk to your oatmeal and a teaspoon of Nutella.
- Mix the ingredients until well combined.
- If you want to add more sweetness, you can add more Nutella to your oatmeal.
- Additionally, add more nutrients to your meal by putting some banana slices in the bowl. This will make your oatmeal more filling.
Baking can be intimidating for beginners since there are a lot of things to prepare. Aside from that, the price of the ingredients can be expensive due to their high quality! If this is your problem, you can ease yourself into baking by starting to make pancakes!
If you want to make some pancakes, here are some ingredients you need to prepare, and you can add more to increase servings:
- Vanilla extract
Once you have everything ready, here is a step-by-step instruction for you:
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour and sugar to remove any lumps.
- Afterwards, add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract to the centre.
- Using a whisk, mix them all until well combined. If you have an electric mixer, that will make your life easier and the preparation faster.
- On a frying pan, melt the butter. Then, start to cook the batter in batches.
- You can create different pancake shapes on the pan by using a shaper. If you do not have one, a circular pancake will be enough.
- Keep the flame at medium heat and cook one side of the batter for 2 minutes. Alternatively, you can check its underside to see if the pancake is cooked.
- Once the underside is cooked, flip the pancake carefully to avoid any of the batter from the topside to spill.
- Once the topside is cooked, place it on a clean plate and repeat the process until all of the batter is cooked.
- When serving the pancakes, you can eat them with butter and syrup to make them flavourful!
Things to remember when cooking
Cooking is a fun thing to do, but it can be dangerous as well. Without extra care, you can injure yourself. So, here are some tips for you to remember:
- Keep all knives sharpened
After several usages, your knives will get dull and make it harder for you to spice things up. Consequently, you will most likely injure yourself due to it. With that said, you should make sure to keep your knives sharpened to prevent any injury.
- Wear gloves for protection
Cooking involves heat, and this makes it possible for you to get burnt. To prevent that, you should wear gloves when holding hot pans and trays. These will keep your hands safe from the heat.
- Wash your hands before and after cooking
You need to wash your hands before and after cooking so that both you and your food are clean. Doing so will prevent any germs and bacteria from contaminating your meals.
- Immediately attend to your injury
In case you get injured, you should tend to that immediately. Adding disinfecting solutions can stop any form of infection. Additionally, make sure to cover it, so you can resume your cooking.