Caesar salad one of my favorite salads to order when I go to a restaurant! But today we are going to make it at home! Super easy and quick but delicious. You can make this simple classic Caesar salad or You can make chicken Caesar salad with the same recipe.
Did you know that Caesar salad originated in Mexico?
It is one of those dishes that everyone loves and I can tell you without a doubt, this is the BEST recipe I’ve ever had!
Caesar Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 large or 2 small heads of romaine lettuce
- Parmesan cheese, shredded or shaved
- Crisp croutons – homemade can be made several days ahead. Or store bag.
- Caesar salad dressing
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing?
Whisk together minced garlic, dijon, Worcestershire, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Whisking while adding oil until smooth and creamy (not oily), then Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste.
Servings For : 4 People Prep Time : 10 Minutes
Caesar Salad dressing:
- 2 small garlic cloves minced (1 tsp)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoons black pepper
For the salad:-
- 1 large romaine lettuce (or 2 small heads of romaine)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese shredded or shaved
If you want to make your own croutons here’s how to make it:-
How to Make Croutons?
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Cut the baguette in half lengthwise through the top of the baguette then slice diagonally into 1/4″ thick pieces. Place the bread onto a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 1 tsp of finely minced garlic. Drizzle the garlic oil over the croutons and sprinkle the top with 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese.
- Toss until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer over the baking sheet and bake at 350˚F until lightly golden and crisp (10-12 minutes).
How to make the salad?
Only 1 Step:- in a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, croutons, and parmesan cheese. Top with dressing as desired and toss to combine.