This quick easy chicken piccata recipe will save the day, When it seems there’s nothing to cook for dinner, this easy chicken piccata recipe is one I can always pull out of my magic hat and wow my family with dinner on the table in under 20 minutes.
What Is Piccata Sauce Made of?
This chicken piccata recipe is made up of a few super simple ingredients that when put together make a dish that’s light, bright, and totally addicting. The tangy sauce over the top is made with lemon, chicken broth or wine, capers, and butter. There’s really no need to add extra ingredients to fancy this dish.
See More: Chicken Katsu Recipe [Panko Chicken]
How to Fry Chicken Piccata?
For a quick fry of the chicken breasts, use large stainless steel or cast-iron skillet. Avoid using a non-stick pan. To build flavor, you want the chicken to leave bits in the bottom of the pan for the piccata sauce. A non-stick pan won’t create those bits. When frying, I use a combination of butter and oil. The oil tempers the butter so it doesn’t burn, and the butter adds that golden color and flavor to the chicken.
Servings For : 2 People Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken tenders You can use cut halfway through and butterflied.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper 1/2 cup All-purpose flour, for dredging 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped 1 lemon cut to slices You can double the ingredients for more than 2 people.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
On a large plate add flour then Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 4 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook another side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to clean plate. Then Melt 1 more tablespoon butter and add another 1 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in the same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
Into the pan adds the lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
You serve it with pasta add your cooked pasta to the chicken saucepan to take the taste then served.
- You can add cooked spaghetti to the sauce and serve it with chicken.
- To speed up the cooking process, slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make a thinner tenderloin or cutlet.
- You can make mashed potatoes with it.
- Is there a substitute for capers in piccata sauce? If you don’t have capers, try chopped, green olives.
- For the broth, use both lemons and lemon juice. For flavor and presentation, I use a combination of both lemon juice and sliced lemons in my sauce. The sauce will taste pretty lemony on its own but mellows when paired with the chicken.