Shrimp tacos so easy and delicious to make and came out fantastic! Spicy shrimp, with shrimp taco sauce wrapped in a warm fresh corn tortilla. Then a squeeze of lime juice. We only need few ingredients and the most delicious taco is ready.
Which Ingredients do You Need to make Shrimp Tacos?
Let’s start with the simple and best shrimp tacos ingredients you always buy:
- shrimp: Fresh or frozen. Make sure shrimp is very well-drained and dry. This will ensure it gets a char on instead of releasing a lot of water.
- Tortillas: We prefer small corn tortillas around 6 inches in diameter. You can use flour tortillas as well.
- Shredded cabbage
- Plain yogurt: I do not recommend using 0% yogurt because slaw will lack flavor. We already reduced a lot of fat by cutting back the amount of mayo.
- Mayo: A little bit makes taco sauce
- Seasonings: taco seasoning garlic powder, lime, and cilantro. That’s it!
Servings For : 2 – 4 People Prep Time : 15 Minutes
- 1 lb shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning or make your own (garlic and onion powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper, chili powder)
- garlic powder 1 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup Cilantro chopped
- Olive oil
- Red cabbage shredded
- black pepper to taste
- 5 corn tortillas
Shrimp Taco Sauce:
- sour cream 1/3 cup
- mayo 1/3 cup
- yogurt 1/3 cup
- 1 lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk all the ingredients together and sit outside.
In a medium bowl, add shrimp, 1 tablespoons taco seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir and set aside.
In a small bowl, add sour cream, mayo, yogurt, lime juice, taco seasoning, cayenne, hot sauce, and black pepper and garlic powder whisk together and set aside.
Preheat a large non-stick skillet on high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil then add the shrimp. Cook until pink on the bottom, flip and cook, Or you can grill shrimp on a silicone grill mat on high heat.
In a large bowl, add shredded garbage, cilantro, salt, and the sauce, reserving some for drizzling on tacos. Stir gently.
To assemble tacos, warm tortillas in a cast-iron skillet on high heat for 10 seconds per side and pressing on with a spatula, or in the oven.
Fill each tortilla with 3-4 shrimps, some slaw, and drizzle with sauce. Serve hot immediately.
• you can add any topping you would like to your taco.